17 julho, 2018

Letters to Major (6)


Dear Major,

Your distance is no longer just physical. Your letters are lesser and lesser, your soul is less in them too. My love, this causes me more pain and anger than ever before.
Run away from War, and you might see what I see… But I don’t think you will, you think of yourself as brave. You think you’re helping, you think War makes you better and stronger; I think it makes you less you. I know you will see it until the end, but how about us? How about the happy ending you promised me?
I have told you this before, that I love you for you if you love me for me. But I feel it in my heart, War stripped you away of your youth and innocence and of the goodness in you. You never felt bloodshed was a good thing before; now, your letters show a darkness I hadn’t seen before. I feel in your distance that the change brought in you by the War is for the worse. Above all, I feel your love has lessened because of it. My Major, is this darkness stronger than our love? Please fight it, get back into our light.
Let the good memories shine through. No other woman has loved you so, has care so much for you. No other woman will, because you were mine as much as I was yours. You have always been the Yang to my Yin; your smile brings me up, my seriousness balances you. When I cry, you make me laugh with your inner child; when you need to be serious, I show you the way. We are not perfect people, but we are perfect for each other.
My love, today was just a hard day. Two years ago we were in my beautiful hometown, having the time of your lives and we were at our happiest. I miss you, I miss us. Come home, please.

Yours, always,
Alexandra

Sem comentários: